Πέμπτη 17 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

"Kalimera": Greek fast-dining concept launched in London


Say good morning to "Kalimera" - a fresh and exciting natural Greek fast-dining concept that just launched in London. The best part is that it s currently on wheels, which means that you can find the Kalimera Food Truck at Hoxton Street Market and Broadgate Circle. Telemaque, the founder of Kalimera aspires to expand to many other street markets and eventually setup his very own fast dining Greek eatery. To make this happen his looking for Reloaders to join him in his exciting journey! We recently had the chance to catch up with Telemaque and learn more about his success so far and future plans! Read on and make sure to get in touch if you think you know someone for the role!


How did you decide to leave the corporate job and start something of your own?
I always wanted to do something of my own, something creative, linked to gastronomy and to Greece. The desire to be my own boss was accelerated in the last two years and the idea matured slowly but steadily.

How did the initial idea for "Kalimera" come about? Has it changed since you started or it remains the same?
I used to work in the City and I realised my colleagues and I were always complaining about missing options at lunchtime – this was even worse when it came down to a decent breakfast. Also, there was no Greek option while, from my personal experience and research, Greek food enjoys a very good reputation and has a huge potential as it offers a lot of variety and options. I then thought about creating a fast-dining Greek eatery in the City and have been constantly working, reshaping and improving the concept since.

What stage are you at now?
I have launched a beautiful food truck two weeks ago to get some brand awareness, reach out to the market, try different locations and fine-tune our offering. We are now present in two markets, Hoxton St in Shoreditch and Broadgate Circle in the City. We are planning to start many others beginning of next year. To do so and accompany our expansion, I am looking for highly motivated and genuine people to work in our kitchen and/or on our food truck and be part on the adventure. If any of your readers are interested they can find the job descsription here and send over their CVs directly to telemaque@kalimera.london. Of course, I am also looking for additional investors to participate in the growth of Kalimera.


What is the vision of the company? Where do you aim to be in 5 years time?
I have a lot of ideas for the development of the concept, I believe there are many ways to promote Kalimera and I am considering mobile and fixed options, in London and beyond. I want Kalimera to be widely established and a reference in the middle term.

What advice would you give to young people that want to get involved with entrepreneurship? 
You should expect that everything goes wrong at the beginning and only those who don’t give up easily will see their ideas become reality. So, in one word: perseverate!

Who is your greater influencer/mentor 
My grand father has always been a source of inspiration – calm, witty and eager to learn, has always been with a book in his hands and gave me the love for knowledge and the respect of principles. 



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου